Parkinson’s Treatment (LSVT Program)
As one of the nearly 1 million Americans currently living with Parkinson’s disease, you may be dealing with many symptoms that make your daily life harder. Fortunately, you can find help with many of the movement-related symptoms of your condition at Forever Fit Physical Therapy & Wellness.
What Type of Parkinson’s Treatment Do We Offer?
For instance, this program can help Parkinson’s patients improve their ability to perform small tasks like buttoning their shirts or pants. However, it can also help improve their ability to do bigger tasks like walking or getting up from a chair. And the best part is Forever Fit’s certified physical therapists can create an LSVT-BIG program that’s customized to your specific needs and goals.
What Parkinson’s Symptoms Can We Help You Treat?
There are two types of symptoms that Parkinson’s disease can cause. One is movement-related or motor symptoms. The other is non-movement-related or non-motor symptoms. The Parkinson’s treatment programs that we offer are designed to help you address movement-related Parkinson’s symptoms such as:
- Feeling unbalanced when you’re moving.
- Having a stooped posture.
- Walking slowly or with small steps.
- Having difficulty twisting at the waist.
- Feeling stiff when performing your daily activities.
What Benefits Can You Get From Our Customized Parkinson’s Treatment?
Research performed on LSVT-BIG shows that it can have many benefits. Our Parkinson’s specialists have helped people with this condition get benefits like:
- Reducing muscle stiffness that makes movement harder.
- Increasing their ability to walk faster.
- Improving the size of their steps when walking.
- Boosting their ability to maintain their balance.
- Increasing their ability to perform small and large daily tasks.
- Improving their overall confidence and quality of life.