Physical Therapy in Gaithersburg, MD
Forever Fit Physical Therapy & Wellness was founded in 2010 with the mission to provide a physical therapy experience that exceeded the patient’s expectations at every interaction. The founder, Krista Frederic, MPT, OCS was committed not only to providing treatments that were effective, efficient and supported by evidence and years of experience, but to creating a patient experience that exceeded expectations at every turn. She believes that a relaxed, comfortable patient is more receptive to healing, resulting in better outcomes and long-term health improvements.
In February 2023 Krista along with Clinical Director Kathryn Johnson PT DPT, will open their eighth location in Gaithersburg, Maryland to serve the residents of Gaihersburg, Darnestown, and the surrounding areas. We hope to continue to alleviate pain, improve mobility and most importantly, create lifelong quality of life for our patients. We will provide you with the education to care for this injury and others in the future. We teach you about your body, how pain works, how to prevent future recurrence and what to do if re-injury does occur. You can expect friendly, consistent and reliable service at every visit, with input into your goals and the healing process.
To improve the health and well-being of our local communities through access to quality care, community education and amazing customer experience. We aim to become the “go to providers “ in our community for musculoskeletal pain and movement problems as well as lifestyle education.
- Manual Therapy
- Exercise Prescription
- Education in posture, improving seating/standing ergonomics
- General Orthopedic Needs
- Back/Neck Pain
- Shoulder injury/pain
- Knee injury/pain
- Ankle pain/injury
- Muscle Strain/Sprains
- Strength and conditioning for illness affecting musculoskeletal systems (multiple sclerosis, fibromyalgia, Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, etc.)
- Chronic pain therapy
- Post-rehabilitation for orthopedic or neurological surgical procedures
- Pre-operative programs to prepare for surgery and reduce recovery time
- Comprehensive therapeutic exercise and manual therapy technique for musculoskeletal pain and symptoms
- Sports performance injury rehabilitation and injury prevention
- TMJ Dysfunction
- Headaches and migraine rehabilitation with lifestyle education
- Balance and fall prevention
- Outpatient services for high-functioning stroke patients
- Automobile Insurances
- Carefirst-Blue Cross Blue Shield plans
- Cigna-(Bowie office out-of-network only)
- John Hopkins Employee Health Plan
- Maryland Medicaid
- Priority Partners
- Tricare Standard & Prime
- United Healthcare
- United Healthcare Community Plan
- US Family
- Workers Compensation
*If we do not participate with your insurance but your plan has out-of-network benefits, we will gladly submit claims on your behalf.
Clinic Director/Physical Therapist
Dr. Johnson grew up playing soccer and lacrosse competitively which led to her love for movement and physical activity. She saw the immense need for physical therapy to help her return to sport and life activities following injuries and that led her to pursue physical therapy. Since graduating Dr. Johnson has worked in the outpatient orthopedic setting starting as a staff physical therapist and then as a Director of Physical Therapy. She enjoys working with patients from all age ranges and injuries, but has a particular passion for assisting patients with low back pain.
Outside of the office, Dr. Johnson enjoys spending time with her fiancé, family, and friends, working out, hiking and reading.